Friday, August 9, 2013

Jessica Alba Exclusive

Our May cover star Jessica Alba reveals her eight-point plan. See all her recommendations and an interview with the star on page 72 of the May issue of GLAMOUR.

1) Find your niche
"I was frustrated; big brands put harmful, toxic chemicals in their product, they didn't make people their priority."  

2) Get your hands dirty
Jessica Alba started soaking up all the information she could find, and even mixed up her own cleaning products at home. 

3) Perfect your pitch
"I realised that people care most about their families, as I do, but that they also appreciate things that are beautiful."

4) Hone your brand
"We went through different names, but in the end, it was my daughter, Honor, who inspired me. There was something about her name - being honourable, honest, transparent."

5) Don't let setbacks get you down
"I went through a lot of potential partners and investors. Either they didn't get it or they didn't care. I ran into a lot of walls."

6) Be true to yourself…
Jessica is determined that her company will stick to its values, no matter how much it affects the bottom line. "We won't compromise."

7) Polish your ideas - but not for too long
"We're not perfect. But right now, we're doing the best we can, at the best quality." 

8) Get social
"It's everything. As a mum I shop based on my peers' recommendation. As a brand, I have to pay attention to that."

Is your career hero Jessica Alba or is it Victoria Beckham? Head to page 86 of the May issue of GLAMOUR and take our quiz to find out.

The May issue of GLAMOUR is on sale in all newsagents. Get 6 issues for £6 when you sign up to subscribe 

« Back to more Celebrity Galleries

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment