Friday, August 9, 2013

Family Sabotage?

Well I have a history of being underweight; for the past 2 years I ranged from 79-95 lbs and now Im at a healthy 100-103 for my 5' 1" frame (Im 17 and a girl). I'm a runner so Im still small but at a good bmi and with good tone. Forever my parents/nurse/coach rode on me for being too skinny and since I didn't want to be kicked out of running I gained some weight. Now my parents are totally reversed; my dad keeps saying helpful comments like "Wow you're still eating??" "Can you believe how much she's eating?" "Is your stomach sticking out under that shirt?". I've told my mom that the comments bother me and she doesn't say anything. She's told me I eat too much too. Or comments like last night when I was shopping for clothes "Don't you think you should get a bigger size? That top's probably going to be too tight.". I put the top on and had room to spare. Im a size 00-0 and wear XS-S clothes. It makes it hard when you're trying so hard to stay healthy and then every day your parents are making fat comments. I know my mom has struggled with her weight and my dad used to pick on her about it. I think she's relieved that theres someone else to take the brunt of the nitpicking. What can I do? Its getting to me.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment