Monday, September 9, 2013

looking for some advice

I have a goal of doing a sprint tri next june.... it thought this was more than doable considering I'll have 2 century rides under my belt by then and several dozen runs..so then the only thing missing is the swimming.  I also thought this was the only time this race was done. Well last night I found out that I could do one the "last chance tri" by the same group at the end of this august.  That would give me about 2 months to conquer the swim of 1500 meters.  Do I go for it? am I pushing myself too hard?  

I got an email from a friend who thinks I am pushing too hard. That I need to slow down on the running/biking a bit. she's concerned that I've triggered the exercise part of the anorexia. Part of me sees her point and part of me is like no its ok.   She suggested getting a coach/trainer to push me but also to reign me in. However trainers around here are expensive and I don't have the cash to do that at this point. 

I'm so confused at this point! =( Do I wait? do I push and if so how do you train for something like that?


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment