Saturday, August 24, 2013

Gaining Weight Not Losing It

I'm looking for a little insight. I've always been a bigger guy, more muscular and very little extra weight. I got in a relationship, well paying job, and started a family. Next thing I know, I'm 314 lbs. I seen a picture of myself taken by friends, and I was embarrassed. At that time I knew it was time for me to start losing weight. 

I cut out the fast food, non healthy snacks, and sodas. Though, sometimes I give into temptation, I most certainly watch my portions. For the most part I've replaced my diet with more veggies, fiber, and less calorie foods/drinks.

Within the first week I lost 16 lbs and was down to 298. I felt great in so many ways, knowing my hard work was paying off with 6 days of exercise and the right foodsI knew that it wasn't always going to be that easy. But, I didn't give up. I've been working out in the gym not for 6 weeks, and I'm back up to 306. My girlfriend, says it looks like I've put on some extra muscle, and my arms and shoulders are looking more firm.

When I work out, I only do a little bit of strength (basic weight lifting, rowing) but mostly cardio (stationary bike, treadmill, elliptical for over an hour 5-6 days a week), stretches, and other small work outs like jumping jacks. When I can I take the stairs instead of the elevator. Looking at me no one can guess I way what I do. I just need some advice on what to do different, and what I'm doing wrong. I will be consulting a physician soon, but for now I wonder if there is someone out there that can help me.

My apologies in advance if this Topic is placed in the wrong area, and if it's a bit lengthy. Any advice and help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Tre


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment