Monday, August 12, 2013

Zyprexa

Just wondering what others experiences have been on zyprexa?

I've been on and off it for a good 3 years and I'm a good 15kg over my where I feel happy. I'm on 7.5mg at the moment but I have a feeling it will be upped to 10mg tomorrow as my symptoms have increased.

Have others experienced weight gain? And at what dose? I've been on as high as 15mg before. My doctor says it doesn't cause weight gain, but it does. It makes me want to eat and eat. However I've tried pretty much every other atypical antipsychotic there is and the only other one that really work was respiridone and that caused lacatation so I had to come off it (it didn't cause weight gain or increased appetite so that's a bummer). I'm just at a loss at what to do next. I try and stick to a mealplan that my dietitian has made up which seems fine but I have been going over it by a fair bit because I just crave sugary food so much- chocolate to be specific. I try and keep it out of the house, but that isn't always possible unfortunately and if it isn't there then I'll eat something else processed which occassionally leave to purging (like 1-2 times a week).


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment