Monday, August 12, 2013

Is it ok to have missed periods for 6 months?

I'm 14, 5'5" and I used to be 140 pounds but I lose weight and now I'm at 122. I started this dieting in February, but my last period I remember was in late December. I think I lost my period from dieting, but it makes me wonder since I didn't get my period one month before I started the dieting (maybe it would've just been late...I don't know) I'm at a good weight now so I'm going back up to maintenance calories (1800-2100). Most people have told me that by eating enough my body will soon adjust and get my period back, but I don't know how long that will take, or if it will even work. I really don't want to go to the doctor because if my mom knew that I went on a diet and lost 18 pounds she'd freak out. I'd like to just wait maybe 6 more months and see If it will come back, but will this be damaging to my health to potentially not have a period that long? If I didn't lose my period from dieting, is it normal for teens to have missed their periods for more than 6 months? Thanks!

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment