Monday, August 12, 2013

massive update

Hi!! 

So over the weekend I've been having lots of tests, medical and psychiatric, so that my discharge can be planned! And this morning i had my review :)

so most of you know that i've been in hospital/inpatient for...8 months ish now? when i first started posting here as an ill 13 year old with a bmi around 10, a heart rate of 35bpm, breathing difficulties, serious incontinence, inability to walk properly etc etc people thought i was going to die.

but following my review i can assure you all that i have beaten anorexia nervosa. 

my bmi is up from just over 10, to 17.8. 

my heart rate is at a perfectly healthy 80bpm, over double what my recovery began with!

i am very energetic, i can breathe and walk normally and am almost ready to return to ballet classes. 

my bladder muscle has pretty much fully restrengthened and whilst i SOMETIMES (happened yesterday for the first time in 17 days, and only happened because i am now weaning off my incontinence pills) do still wet myself i'm definitely almost back to normal!

i have A LOT of home leave these days and i've been able to enjoy days out with my mum and with my friends

i am enjoying my food and feeling much better about myself. there's now 'a boy' on the scene hehe, and if i was ill i know that wouldn't happen! i also think i might be starting my period soon...

so, yeah :)

recovery can be done :)

i'm always here for advice x


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment