Saturday, August 31, 2013

ED meal timings and appetite

Hello, me again Tongue out So I have been eating more in the past 2 weeks. I average 2000cals a day compared to my previous ED intake of 1400 to 1600cals/day. I am planning to increase to 2300cals this week on, before attempting 2500cals in one or two weeks. I still feel a lot of guilt over eating more so this is quite challenging. Please understand that I personally still do not see the need  for me to eat the recommended recovery amounts in order to gain weight, but I am trying to ignore that feeling.

I don't follow any meal plan. My current focus is to try not to fixate on where my calories are coming from, as long as I have at least 2 servings each of fruit and vegetables, some dairy and whole grains every day. I must admit that 1/3 of my daily calories comes from treats. I just love cookies, muffins, brownies, ice cream and things like that!

The thing is, my appetite fluctuates quite wildly through the month. I guess my appetite is very hormone-dependant. I have been trying to keep up with my increased calories during my low-appetite days by eating more calorie-dense treats. Does it matter if, lets say, 40% of my intake comes from 'empty calories'?

I also observe that I have better appetite between meals rather than at mealtimes. Does that make sense? However if I follow my appetite-cues and eat more whenever I feel like it, I most probably will be too full to have dinner with my husband. So instead, I eat when I have the appetite but I have to try hard not to eat too much so that I won't be too full for my main meal. Will that affect my mental recovery?

What's a good way to distribute 2300 calories through the day, bearing in mind that I eat more at dinner and after-dinner than most people (50% intake is dinner/after-dinner)? 

Sorry if my questions annoy anybody. 


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment