Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Recipe of the Week: The Ultimate Grilled Cheese

Since today is National Grilled Cheese Day, I thought I would go to my favorite cheese peeps at Cabot to find the perfect recipe to celebrate accordingly. When I spotted this recipe, with its sharp cheddar and gala apple, I knew I'd found my ultimate grilled cheese. Bonus: It's only 480 calories. Enjoy one this weekend!

INGREDIENTS:

4 slices oatmeal bread1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter, softened2 tablespoons apple butter4 ounces Cabot New York Extra Sharp Cheddar, thinly sliced1 Gala apple, cored and thinly sliced

INSTRUCTIONS:

Spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Turn slices over and spread second side with apple butter. Place skillet over medium-low heat. While skillet is heating, top two bread slices with cheese and apple slices, then set remaining bread slices on top, butter-side-up. Place sandwiches in skillet and cook slowly, turning midway, until cheese is melted and bread is golden, reducing heat if sandwiches are browning too quickly. Makes 2 sandwiches.

RELATED LINKS:

The Tastiest Low-Cal Cheeses More Amazing Recipes Lose 10 Pounds by Summer!

Image Credit: Courtesy of Cabot


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment