Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My New Outdoor Workout BFF: Switch Portable Speaker

It's finally spring here in New York (although you wouldn't know by today's icky weather), and it's been so inspiring to see all of the personal training sessions and boot camps going on in Brooklyn's Prospect Park every morning while I walk my dog. There is nothing like a good outdoor workout to get your day started -- especially a good outdoor workout with some rockin' tunes. That's why I'm loving Native Union's new Switch portable bluetooth speaker that syncs up with my phone to broadcast my music on the go. Now I seriously don't want to leave home without it.

Because, let's face it: Ear buds are great for running, but they get in the way if you're trying to do anything that involves different types of movements -- and they're kinda antisocial, at that. And they can be dangerous -- especially if you're working out near the road or at night. Instead, I see myself using Switch all summer while hanging al fresco with friends -- post-surf yoga sessions at the beach, backyard dinner parties, picnics and camping, and (oh, we're supposed to be talking about exercise, right?) impromptu dance parties in the park with the hottest new music out this month.

Switch is super lightweight and barely bigger than a beer bottle, but its sound really amplifies, even in wide open spaces, thanks to what the company refers to as its "active sub-woofer and enhanced bass-reflex system." The lil' nugget of a speaker plays up to 14 hours of music on a single charge (via your computer and a USB cable), and you can use it as a backup battery for your digital devices, too. Switch also has a microphone and a cool conference call feature for business purposes, but then again, who wants to talk about business? I'd rather just go find a grassy spot in the sun, sync Switch to my phone, open up my Yogify app and get my outdoor om on.

Do you use portable speakers to compliment your outdoor workouts? Tweet us your tips at @amandaemac and @SELFmagazine!

RELATED LINKS:

Image Credit: Courtesy Photo


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment