Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Mother Does Not Want Me Joining the Gym...

I'm a 17 year old girl and I recently went vegan. I joined calorie count to monitor my nutrition in an attempt to stay healthy and keep my weight up. Despite this, I have lost 4 pounds from my already small frame. I am currently 5'7" and I weigh 110 pounds. The thing is, I know I have plenty of body fat, I just have very very little muscle, and it bothers me not only because I don't look that great, but I don't feel healthy. I want to be fit. I don't really exercise at all. I think going to the gym to strength train would help me put on a little muscle weight. The thing is, my mother doesn't want me to, and I don't really know why. She says she just doesn't want us (implying the rest of the family) to sign up for anything. It's really frustrating because I would drive myself there, and I would pay for it. It's even kind of close to my house. I don't know how to talk her into letting me join. She always points to the stationary bike we have and says to use it instead, or go walk the dog, or take a jog, which are nice ideas, but I need more than just a little cardio. Sure, I could strength train at home doing push-ups, curl-ups, etc., but I'm just not motivated to exercise at home. It's so crowded (small house, 2 dogs and 9 cats, 3 family members who complain when I exercise). My parents always seem to get angry with me when I attempt to get active because they think I could using my time better to do things like chores. If you couldn't already tell, I have very little support from my family to eat healthy and exercise. Sorry for kind of ranting, but I needed to get that off my chest! Anyways, does anyone have any advice on how to talk her into letting me go to the gym? Thanks!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment