Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Is This a Decent Workout?

Hi everyone! Just got back from college, and boy did it do a number on my weight haha. I'm dedicating this summer to working out and getting fit.

Anyway I've been attempting this workout for the past 2 weeks (now on my 3rd).

Morning: 25 Push-ups holding the last one for 20 seconds, and a minute of side planks on each side.

Noon: (longer workout) consist of 30 seconds of Mountain Climbers, then Planks, and Knee to Elbow Crunches nonstop for 4 reps. Then I head out and go for a Jog for 20-30 minutes. Get back and do 30 pushups along with a minute and 20 seconds of planks. I've also been working out my biceps by using suitcases as dumbbells (money is a bit tight right now and can't afford to go to the gym). I've never done this before so I started low with just 11 pounds and 2 reps of 20 on each arm.

Night: Same as my morning routine, with an addition of 2: 30 second reps of Mountain Climbers, then Planks, and Knee to Elbow Crunches nonstop.

I increase everything weekly by 5 more (20 push-ups one week 25 the next), 10 more seconds on planks, and 2-3 pounds more on the suitcases.

I've also been watching my calories and also beefed up my protein intake.

Should I add/remove anything? All opinions are appreciated!

Personally I'm trying to tone my body more than lose weight (flatten my stomach), but I figured I need to lose some more weight first before that, that and you can spot reduce


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment