Monday, June 3, 2013

Chickpea Cutlets Came Out Dry. Assist?

Recipe-meisters, I’m hoping for some advice.  I’ve been making a yummy recipe for chickpea cutlets for ages that uses, in addition to the chickpeas, bread crumbs and wheat gluten.  My hubby has currently sworn off wheat (he has his particular reasons not worth arguing about), but we both really like these patties so I tried to rework it without the wheat. 

They tasted quite good, but were on the dry side.  All of these ingredients are put through a food processor, made into patties (6) and then baked at 450.  The old version took about 25-30 minutes to bake, but I had to take these out at 15 minutes or they would have been nothing but dust I think.

The mixture came out of the food processor fairly moist, but that moistness did not survive the baking.  Any ideas for how to make them a little moister?  More broth? Or?

The ingredient list last night:

1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup chickpea flour
1/2 cup peanut flour
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable broth
3 tbsp tamari
4 cloves minced garlic
Zest from one lemon
Lemon juice from the lemon I got the zest from
1 tsp thyme
3/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp sage

FYI, peanut flour is simply defatted peanuts.  I use it because I can bump up the protein for not too many extra calories and tastes good in recipes, adding a bit of a nutty flavor.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment