Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Success Breeds Success

Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes but they don't quit. So true!

I had a great, healthy weekend!  It’s about time!

I exercised BOTH days.

Saturday, I walked 15 minutes outside and then 30 on the treadmill (I was hoping to go longer on the treadmill but I had eaten dinner and I felt like I had a lead balloon in my tummy.  Just another reason not to wait so long to workout!).

Yesterday, I ended up walking 45 minutes on the treadmill and then mowing the lawn for another 40 minutes.

Did you know that you can burn some serious calories mowing the lawn with a push mower?  We have a nice sized lawn so it takes a little while to mow it.  Ladies, mowing the lawn is not just for men!  I love to get that extra calorie burn!

My eating was also on track this weekend.  I tried to limit my carbs, not eat any artificial sugar (sweets) and stay on track.  I did very well both days with this.  SO, when I got on the scale this morning (Thinking like a skinny person and skinny people weigh themselves often)…

I WAS SO HAPPY!

I felt like I had been successful!  No, it wasn’t down several pounds.  It was down several ounces.  But, if I can go down several ounces each day, they add up to several pounds.

I felt so successful that I wanted to make sure I stayed on track today so I could see success again tomorrow.  I realized that when I am successful, I want to be MORE successful.  Hence, success breeds success.

Sometimes it is the little realizations, that you have known in your head all along, that suddenly hit your heart.  I love those!

What success did you have this weekend?  It doesn’t have to be major.  Little things add up to big things!  Share your success with us so we can celebrate together!

Make it a great week!

Photo Credit

Avatar of Jennifer Swafford

My name is Jennifer, I’m 35 and I currently live in a suburb outside of Atlanta. I live with my husband, Jason and Shi-tzu, Maggie. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
My full time job is teaching elementary school. My part time job is private tutoring after school for grades K-6. I have been on my weight loss journey my entire life but just began to take it seriously two years ago when I decided it was time to start a family. I didn’t want to be one of those people who others look and and say, “Is she pregnant or just really fat?” At the rate I was going, that question would certainly be asked. So, two years ago I joined Weight Watchers. Now, closing in on losing 100 pounds, my life is healthier and I am happier. Now…bring on the baby!
My blog is here for you to be inspired, learn something new, and hear all about all new products I try. Join me on this weight loss journey as I go through ups and downs, good and bad, and continue to take it one day at a time!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment