Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Take it Outside

Wednesday, was one of my few days I have to spend at home.  I love those days in the summertime because I get up early, drink some coffee while checking email and reading blogs, then eat breakfast.  After a while, I will take the dog for a walk and then exercise myself.  I get lots of things done around the house and I enjoy the time of quietness.

Wednesday was one of those days.

After taking the dog for her walk (which she HATES by the way), I decided that it was a nice day outside (yes, it was 90 degrees but I like to sweat while working out!) and I would take my walk outside after dropping Maggie off at the house.  She can barely go around the block much less 45 minutes.

So, off I went, outside, in the 90 degree heat to sweat, listen to music, and just have a good workout.

Benefits of Walking There are so many benefits to taking a nice long walk!

Check out all the health benefits to walking.  Amazing.  In addition to the health reasons, little did I know, I was about to see so many “interesting” things on my walk.  After one thing, then, two, three, four and five, I knew I had to snap some quick photos and tell you guys about it.

First, let me tell you about WHERE I walk.  There is a “busy” road out in front of my neighborhood.  I first like to walk around the neighborhood and then walk the length of the road.  Well, this road is where I saw so many “interesting” things:

First of all, the litter.

Lots of Trash

I mean, seriously people.  Don’t throw trash out your car window.  How hard is it to save it and throw it away into a garbage can?  The only time I ever littered was when I was still living at home.  I was obese and went through a drive thru.  I didn’t want my parents to know so I threw the garbage out the window.  That was sad to tell you.  Anyway…speaking of sad.  I also saw this:

Memorial Ribbon

This is a memorial for a man that died running on this road early one morning.  He was a teacher nearby and a running coach.  Every time we drive on the way to our house, we go by these yellow ribbons and running shoes.  So sad and so tragic.

To lighten the mood a little after that, I saw something a little more intersting:

Condom Box

Yes, I get why someone would want to hide THAT box from their parents.  Gheesh!

Next to that box was…

A Fork in The Grass

A Fork!  Well of course there would be a wrapped up fork in the grass…makes perfect sense!

Then, of course, I saw this:

iPad Cover

Yep, an iPad cover.  How this got on the side of the road, I will never know.  I have two covers of my own so I didn’t need this one.  I left it.

Last, but certainly not least was this guy:

Dead Snake

A snake.  I freaked out and jumped to the side of the sidewalk only to realize he was dead.  So, of course, I stopped for a picture.  Snakes are gross and scary.  Dead or alive!

So…my walk on Wednesday was much more exciting than if I had just walked on the treadmill and watched some boring show on television.

What is the strangest thing you have ever seen while exercising, inside or out?

Photo Credit

Avatar of Jennifer Swafford

My name is Jennifer, I’m 35 and I currently live in a suburb outside of Atlanta. I live with my husband, Jason and Shi-tzu, Maggie. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
My full time job is teaching elementary school. My part time job is private tutoring after school for grades K-6. I have been on my weight loss journey my entire life but just began to take it seriously two years ago when I decided it was time to start a family. I didn’t want to be one of those people who others look and and say, “Is she pregnant or just really fat?” At the rate I was going, that question would certainly be asked. So, two years ago I joined Weight Watchers. Now, closing in on losing 100 pounds, my life is healthier and I am happier. Now…bring on the baby!
My blog is here for you to be inspired, learn something new, and hear all about all new products I try. Join me on this weight loss journey as I go through ups and downs, good and bad, and continue to take it one day at a time!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment