Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Two Cooking Failures

Despite learning how to cook and trying out a lot of new recipes and foods, I still mess up a lot. There isn’t much that is inedible but there is a lot of food I make that gets very close to that point. Sometimes it’s because of failed technique and other times it’s because of weird seasoning. Either way I’m still learning in the kitchen and definitely encounter my share of cooking failures.

I tried to make cinnamon sugar radish chips today and I failed. Majorly. The chips did not turn out at all! It was completely my fault for a number of reasons, but let’s just say it was a kitchen disaster.

Radish chips

A couple days ago I made coleslawfor the first time. I was trying to make a healthier coleslaw but it ended up being too tangy. Yikes! But the good news here is I still ate a bunch of veggies!

coleslaw

I’ll admit though that it isn’t just two failures. This week (and it’s only Wednesday) I’ve also messed up two rice and bean dishes that ended up being just barely tolerable. Someone needs to get me out of the kitchen!

I’ve been a little blah about this blog because I’m excited about other blogging/website projects I’m working on. The latest super cool thing – I finally finished a paper flower tutorial! Check out DIY Hanging Tissue Paper Flowers tutorial.

Hanging tissue paper flowers

I’ve taken up a new hobby: knitting! But since I already sit so much with my day job I’ve decided to only knit while standing up or pacing. It’s a bit strange, but it works! Right now I’m making a practice scarf to get down the basic stitches.

Knitting

At least I’m getting more steps into my day somehow! Between walking, pacing, andNerd Fitness workouts I’m getting lots of activity into my life once again!

Yes, I had to post those last two things just to redeem myself from my cooking failures. My self-esteem was feeling bruised! I like to joke that Kepa is the real chef here and I am just the crazy experimental one. I tend to try a lot of things that are a bit different and sometimes that leads to more failures. Maybe I need to stick with tried and true recipes more often!

Related posts:

Cooking AheadHungry Girl CookingFinding The Joy Of CookingCooking? What’s That?

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment