Monday, July 1, 2013

want to maintain and boost metabolism

I recently lost some weight by restricting my calories too low. I want to start maintaining (happy at my current weight) but I also would like to boost my metabolism so I am maintaining on a more normal amount, and because I definitely have damaged my metabolism by restricting for 4 months!

I know gaining muscle and exercising is a good way, but I struggled with overexercising in the past, and due to injury, I am advised not to run. I like taking walks, and I stand a lot at work, but other than that, I try not to do too much FORMAL exercise because I get VERY obsessive-compulsive about it very quickly. I love this new freedom I have by not feeling forced to exercise, and I don't want to jeopardize it by starting a new program.

Basically my goal is to choose healthy foods (ex, a 400kcal meal for dinner instead of 400kcal of ice cream) and keep an eye on my calories, but should I risk raising my intake and possibly gain weight?

Right now I eat about 1400-1600/day and am more or less maintaining, although I feel like 1700-1800 is more reasonable for a girl my age, not to mention that I get quite hungry throughout the day and that shaky-hypoglycemic feeling (18 yrs, 5'5", 117 lbs). 


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment