Monday, July 1, 2013

Gaining a muscle weight for cylist

Hi everyone,

I've been cycling for all my life and it's been a big part in losing 50 pounds 3 years ago. I've been racing mountain bike when I was a little younger and I'm now considering racing again in the coming year. 

Since I lost all this weight I've been consistently noticing how my legs do not have the power they use to have. And the thing is I easily lose weight now because I'm pretty active and I seem to not be able to eat enough to compensate and every bike season for the past 3 years I've lost about 10 pounds compare to my winter weight.

I do understand I need to eat more but I am also well aware that i need to eat more protein and specific food to help rebuild muscle and keep my weight up.

So my question is how to keep biking (4-6 times a week, 10-12hr/week) and slowly rebuild my leg muscle and keep my weight up? I'm also considering doing some kettlebell workout 2-3 times a week to help building muscle. Although it's good as a cyclist to be on the light side, I definitely need to add power. 

What kind of food and how much calorie I should need daily to achieve this goal?

Are kettlebell workout be good for me ?

I currently weigh 140lb and is 5feet9inches tall. I eat about 2000-2500 cals a day currently.

Thanks for all your advice!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment