Thursday, July 18, 2013

How do I start?

First off, I'm sorry if I offend anyone or trigger some people from this post. I just want help! And sorry for the long post; I just want to get my story straight so that their aren't any misunderstandings. 

I'm 15 years old, and I have/had anorexia nervosa for the past year. I started a mild diet 2 years ago when I was about 168cm and 52kg AT MOST, and gradually lost weight to 48kg. That time, I didn't really know what calories were, so I just dieted by restricting my self from junk food, and high fat stuff. THEN I got a little intense in my diet (started counting calories and ate 800~1200 cal MAX) and I suddenly dropped to 45kg, last spring (I also grew to 170cm). Right at that time, I also got a stomach virus and everything I tried to eat came out of my system (UNINTENTIONALLY). 

By May, I was 42.5kg, and of course, my mom and I headed straight to the doctors where I was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa. However, my doctor said that all I have to do is increase my calories, and I didn't have to do any I.P. treatment. 

I slowly increased my calories, and I gained to 44~45kg. But sometimes I notice my E.D. counting calories, and making me only eat around 800 cal. This continued for a year, and I'm still 45kg. 

I WANT to get better by the end of summer, so I can become a normal sophomore. For the past week, I've been eating 1000 cal (I know it's still not enough) , and indulging in healthy deserts and LOTS of peanut butter. 

SO, the question is, am I supposed to continue upping my calorie intake a little at a time, or am I supposed to suddenly eat 2500+ cal??

The calorie counter calculator of this site tells me to eat 1500 cal, so I'm really confused. Would my metabolism work after the crappy things I've done to it?

Please comment, I'm really desperate to recover!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment