Saturday, September 21, 2013

Maintenance Account Settings

When I joined CC I initially had myself at the light activity level. Even at 288 pounds I was reasonably active. I just ate way more than I ever could have ever burned off. When I changed my settings to maintenance I reviewed the activity levels and now it seems that I'm a lot more at the moderate activity level, but changing to that added about 200 calories to the daily allowance which was a little over 2500.

Reviewing my intake/burn history and just my "gut" feeling told me that my maintenance calorie intake should be closer to 2300. Changing my activity level back to light put it at just a little over 2300.

I think the lesson here is that your body and mind will tell you where you need to be and that the activity level settings are more of a guide. I would recommend erring on the conservative side.  


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment