Friday, July 19, 2013

People commenting on weight loss are annoying.

I am recovering from bulimia. I was never too bad but that was something that I've struggled with for many years.

Now I truly enjoy running and working out. By eating healthy, and in smaller portions and working out 4-5 times a week, I have lost about 18 pounds in 3 months. I feel confident and am proud of myself for this.

However people started commenting on my weight loss lately and it is a trigger for me. I usually just say "thank you" and change the subject but it is getting under my nerves as it gets too often these days. I feel sudden yet familiar pressure that I have to keep the weights off "no matter what", and think about my failed attempts in the past. (I've lost and gained weights many times before by both healthy and unhealthy ways.)

How do you deal with those people? I am not talking about those who simply say "you look great", but those who are so in your face about something that is not their business.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment