Thursday, March 29, 2012

Country Top ten: Workout songs. Waved to Twang.

A country Top ten list is probably one of the least sought-after genres. But, everyone should give it a try. Although a lot of country lyrics leave much to be desired, the numbers still have a lot to offer:

• They are cheerful.

• They stay with the same beat throughout, which can help when counting reps or doing cardio.

• Many country songs are actually just stories set to music. Although they are tasteless, eventually you listen to to see how it ends. This can be an advantage because the time go by faster if your workout feels like it can drag on.

And Jeff Foxworthy, one of America's favorite comedians said, "I love country music because it's about the things that really matter ... in liveHaar about love, family, friends, with a few beers, a cheap woman and an unfaithful man thrown in for spice." Jeff Foxworthy the CMT speech makes some interesting points.

cowboy boots

These top ten country songs are a mix of male and female artists. It is mostly new stuff, with a little thrown Yoakam. Hope you enjoy this playlist twangy country.

1. Joey by Sugar land. Don't really know what she is sorry about, but she has a really strong voice.Sugarland - Love On the Inside (Deluxe Fan Edition)

2. Goodbye Earl by the Dixie Chicks. Funny video. Great song. (Another one of those good story-type songs.Dixie Chicks - Fly - Goodbye Earl

3. you belong with me by Taylor Swift. This song is at the urging of my daughters, on this list.Taylor Swift - Fearless - You Belong With Me

4. I'm Gonna Miss her by Brad Paisley. Funny story in a weird, glad-I 'm-not-his-wife way. It should end up being a classic country top ten song.Brad Paisley - Triple Play - EP - I'm Gonna Miss Her

5. I want to do by Sugar land. Sing songy and fun. But, it will stick in your head for hours-be warned.Sugarland - Love On the Inside (Deluxe Fan Edition) - All I Want to Do

6. Toby Keith American ride by. Can't really understand the meaning behind this song. Not sure he is pro-American, or mock them. But, I have heard, some people want to work it out.Toby Keith - American Ride - Single - American Ride

7. Save A horse (ride a Cowboy) by big and rich. Big and rich kind of gross me out a bit, but the song's strange enough to keep your interest.Big & Rich - Horse of a Different Color - Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)

8. What Was I Thinking by Dierks Bentley. Good story. It is a pretty funny. Think, all people pushing their luck at one time or another.Dierks Bentley - Live from Bonnaroo 2007: Dierks Bentley - What Was I Thinking

9. I Like It, I Love It by Tim McGraw. An older song, this was probably the last of the really ' country-sounding ' music produced by McGraw counry, at least.Tim McGraw - Greatest Hits - I Like It, I Love It

10. Guitars, Cadillacs by Dwight Yoakam. He is definitely not a vibrant entertainer, but his voice is strong and very distinguishable.Dwight Yoakam - The Very Best of Dwight Yoakam - Guitars, Cadillacs

I hope this country top ten playlist fuels your next workout. Continue to strive. Keep working hard towards your goals. Do your best to enjoy the process. And never, never, never give up.

Apple iTunes  


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment