Wednesday, September 4, 2013

hey peoples, requesting nutrition advice for my situation

I am currently active duty navy attached to the uss miami. Since the boat is currently undergoing extensive repair due to a fair last year I do nit have to worry about going out to sea for at least two years. For the next two to three weeks ill be working monday through friday from 0600 to 2000 and have either saturday or sunday where I have to be on the construction site from 0600 to 0700 the next day. So there really isnt much time to cook or prepare food and im limited to a fridge and a hot plate currently until the end of the year when I can move out of the barracks. Starting about two weeks ago I have started working out monday through friday for an hour a day starting around noon. I am ordered to work out for 5 hours a week so its not something that I can be lazy about and not do. The main things that I need advice about is what the best excercises are to get me to drop fat and hopefully gain some muscle while im at it. The other thing I could use some help with designing a meal plan that is easy to follow and implement. On the construction site the cooks make breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday, but seeing them take a brick of butter or heaps of lard to coat the grill or deep frying nearly everything that is served I really dont want to eat anything that they touch. They do put out fruit, but seeing as I have watched the same apple go untouched for over a month and not darken or change its appearance at all I am thinking that the fruit is most likely irradiated or uses some other form of preservation. So I intend to bring in all of my food and not rely on the galley for anything. Just as an example, I saw them melt 5 pounds of butter just to make bread sticks...I can normally eat at any time throughout the day, so I intend to start eating small snacks and meals to try to keep my matabolism going throughout the day. What would you all recommend? Also I have no problem with eating the same thing every day and for simplicity sake I would actually prefer to figure out a set schedule to follow every day. I have shaklee multi vitamins and b vitamins that I take daily and would like to know if I should start taking extra protein or not on days that I lift weights...I guess I should probably state, that I want to lose 80 pounds total, gain as much muscle as I can. The calculator on this site says that I probably burn around 3200 calories per day. I was thinking of going for a goal of around 2000 calories per day intake and around 500 burned through exercise. Im probably thinking to aggressively, but im not really sure what a good setup would be so I look forward to any advice that is given. Thank you all who took the time to read through this and especially to those of you with any advice

.Oh and im thinking about doing only cardio when I work out at around noon and then lifting weights with a friend of mine at night when I get out of work. So if that happens then ill probably do 5-6 hours of cardio per week and 3-4 hours of weights.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment