Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Help for a Vegan??!

Hey everyone,

About two years ago I became a vegan after being vegetarian for most of my life. I love this way of eating and thought I was doing so healthily, but I had to get a routine blood test recently and was told that I have misshapen blood cells and the beginnings of anemia??? My doctor didn't express too much concern, saying it was just mild, but told me I need to do something different about the way I eat.

I started taking iron supplements and Spirulina in the hopes of helping this but I'm pretty concerned and, basically, was wondering if I could get some tips? Could someone please provide me with a sample meal plan of a couple days of a healthy, balanced vegan meal plan for a teenage girl? (somewhat active, I maintain on around 2000-2300). I feel like a lot of the time most of my calories come from just fruit and veg...I would love to just see a balanced nutritious meal plan for a few days for me so I could get an idea of how I should be eating to correct this problem and any other nutritional deficiencies I may have .Thank you!!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment