Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Drop 10 With Ashley: Second-Week Slump (That Ended Up OK!)

Are you on our Drop 10 Diet and need a lil' more inspiration? Follow along with our Drop 10 blogger, Ashley, as she works her way towards losing those extra pounds.

Ugh, you guys, I gained a pound this week. Bummer. But, I do have a confession to make.

Truth? I committed diet adultery this week. The temptations of date night, girl's night and my mother's desire to try fried pickles for the first time (which just happen to be my all-time fave snack) beat out my beloved Drop 10 choices. Week two was tough, but thanks to the forgiveness (and killer skills) of the Tone It Up girls, I still managed to drop an inch each from my waist, hips and thighs!

Putting aside my food sins, I had a great week in the gym. I caught back up with yoga, felt even better after each weight training set and jogged without feeling like I was gonna pass out at any given moment. Because if we're talking about confessions, I have another -- I am an AWFUL runner. Seriously, I'm the type that can't breathe after a quarter mile. I mentioned this to a few friends (who are petitioning me to run a half-marathon this spring), and they asked how fast I was going. I try to "run" at 6.0 mph on the treadmill if at all possible, which I now realize is too fast for my body (I'm 5'1'', with very short legs). So I took their advice and set out for an outdoor jog with my dachshund (also cursed with short legs), and you know what? We did great! We went about 3Å¿4 a milebefore stopping for water. It really helped to get off the "dreadmill" and take it outside -- I felt way prouder of my work, and wasn't honing in on an exact pace.

You know the feeling when you come across a crazy good sale and realize you have a reward card to use? That's how the Drop 10 work out plan feels for me. But the diet? Well, I'll get back to you guys next week on how I pick it back up.

BTW, are you graduating with the Freshman 15? [Ed. note: I did! #NoJudgment] See how seven college students are slimming down and toning up on Drop 10.

Image Credit: Courtesy of Food Network


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment