Wednesday, August 21, 2013

caloric intake and vanity pounds

Hi :)

I have recently put on a bit of weight, mostly because I had exams and so little time for exercise whereas I was eating more then usual, simply because I was exhausted from all the studying and felt I need more energy.

Now, exams being over, I started regular exercise again (5-7 days/week, some days running, other days light weights, normally half to one hour per day).

I eat healthily - lots of fruit and vegetables, and as I am vegetarian, I upped my protein intake (as that was a bit lacking).

I am 19 years old, 54kg and 1.61m, I would like to get back to 51kg.

My normal day/meals:

BREAKFAST

2 slices of wholegrain bread with hummus

SNACK

smoothie (1 banana, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, spinach, 1 cup berries)

LUNCH

pasta with vegetable tomato sauce and salad (leafy greens)

or

vegetable risotto with salad (tomato salad, leafy greens, etc.)

SNACK

fruit (banana, pear, apple, etc.)

DINNER


another smoothie (2 bananas, cocoa powder, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, berries)

Now, the problem (only considering weight loss :) ) is that I love to bake, as does my mum - for instance, we made this wonderful cinnamon apple bundt cake. I love bundt cakes and cannot get enough of them - I can easily finish off half of it (sometimes more *blush*) in a single day.

Basically, my question is - how "bad" for my desired weight loss are such "slip-ups", what is my optimum calorie intake (the calculators seem to give me numbers between 1500 and 2100) and... basically am I eating OK for my goal weight and general health?

Thanks a lot :)


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment