Sunday, August 5, 2012

Act Like a Skinny Person

I cannot begin to tell you how much the emails, comments, and words of encouragement mean to me after yesterday’s post.  I know we ALL have slip-ups and it seems like lots of us have had a few lately.  I am so glad that when I continue to put myself out there (even though sometimes I don’t want to), you guys are blessed from it!  This morning, I got a text with this picture:

Mackenzie Isn’t she the cutest?

The text also said, “Track those points Swaffy!”

How could I NOT track after that cutie pie said to?!?

On a more serious note, it seems like many of us are in a slump lately.  At our meeting on Friday, my leader reminded us all that we need to “Act like a skinny person!”

How does a skinny person act?  Think about it for a minute.  Think of all the skinny people that you associate with.  Let’s look at some behaviors of skinny people in my life:

First, how do they eat?  Well, they eat very little.  When they are full, they actually STOP eating.  Even if they haven’t had dessert yet.  Crazy, right?!?If they have a slip up, do they beat themselves up day after day for it?  Well, I am sure SOME of them do but I think most just put on their big kid panties and move on.  I doubt they talk to themselves for days/weeks like I have.  I doubt they say how stupid they were to eat that.  I doubt they say they are fat and will never be skinny.  Nope, they move on.Next, what if they do overeat let’s say at lunch, what do they do?  Well, they have a very light dinner or might even skip dinner altogether.  What?!?   Not eat a meal?  No!Also, if they get off track for one meal an say eat too many calories, they IMMEDIATELY get back on track.  As in, the next second.  They don’t say, “Forget it, I will start over next week!”Lastly, if they have too much dessert or eat too many calories, they make up for it with extra exercise.  They will work out harder, or longer, or maybe even twice that day to burn a few more calories than normal.

This week, I want to challenge you (and myself) to act like a skinny person.  Get right back on track immediately after a slip up, exercise more, and no negative self talk.  We might not be skinny people but we can sure act like one.

Don't forget you are what you eat. I need to eat a skinny person. Love this!

Did I forget any behaviors of skinny people?  If so, leave me a comment with how skinny people in your life act!

Photo Credit

Avatar of Jennifer Swafford

My name is Jennifer, I’m 35 and I currently live in a suburb outside of Atlanta. I live with my husband, Jason and Shi-tzu, Maggie. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
My full time job is teaching elementary school. My part time job is private tutoring after school for grades K-6. I have been on my weight loss journey my entire life but just began to take it seriously two years ago when I decided it was time to start a family. I didn’t want to be one of those people who others look and and say, “Is she pregnant or just really fat?” At the rate I was going, that question would certainly be asked. So, two years ago I joined Weight Watchers. Now, closing in on losing 100 pounds, my life is healthier and I am happier. Now…bring on the baby!
My blog is here for you to be inspired, learn something new, and hear all about all new products I try. Join me on this weight loss journey as I go through ups and downs, good and bad, and continue to take it one day at a time!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment