Monday, April 16, 2012

Trips and Temporary Exercise Options

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it yet, but I’m going back to America for two months at the end of the month.  USA Trip 2012 is happening after all, just not how I was hoping!

Memphis Bridges

It wasn’t planned at all but I’m going back for work reasons  (I still work for a memphis web design company) and will be staying in Memphis for two months. I’m both excited and bummed out for a variety of reasons but overall I think the trip will be great. At the very least I’ll get to take care of that changing my last name business!

However since I’m only going to be in Memphis for two months I’m not sure what I want to do regarding exercise. I don’t think I want to join a gym as I’m feeling very anti-gym right now soit wouldn’t be worth the expense. Here are the options I’m considering:

Biking and or walking to work. I’m going to be living 3 ish miles from my work and borrowing a bike from my boss. If I can find a safe route into downtown I’d love to bike to work. Or walk but that would take longer. ;)Workout DVDs. I have several including some that I actually really enjoy and know can kick my butt.YouTube Videos. Similar to DVDs these videos can get me working out on my own at home. Plus there are tons to choose from now.Gym visits. I could pay a couple dollars and just visit a local gym as a guest.Class visits. There are random fitness classes like Zumba held all over in community centers and churches. I could jump into one of these a couple times.Bootcamp class. This one is the most expensive option by far but I’m considering doing a twice weekly bootcamp class by the river. It’s close enough to my work to be possible and would help me really keep up my fitness level while not committing to too much.

What would you do in this situation?

Boxing Room [42/265]

Most likely I’ll probably use some or all of these and mix and match them. Two months isn’t too long but I don’t want to go into sedentary mode and lose my awesome fitness I built up with LiveFit. I like my muscles and still want to keep them while losing more weight.

I like these ideas because it will be something different. I seem to get bored of focusing on one fitness activity after a couple months so the change will be nice. So will being in the US again, though I’ll miss my husband and puppy. Maybe some of you can come for a visit and cheer me up? ;)

Related posts:

Exercise Slow Down + My Workout OptionsTrips, trips, tripsForgotten Healthy OptionsLoving Exercise AgainWeekly Recap: Doubts, Exercise and Stretching

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment