Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Awesome Workout Songs. Cool Tunes of Different Genres.

Nothing's better than a new set of workout songs to get motivated for the next workout. Whenever I find juuuuust the right song that's got the exact beat my body needs at the moment, it puts me into an incredible state of flow. A great high... Much more so than any chocolate chip cookie or glass of wine can offer me.

Keep in mind that many of the workout songs I find, you may not have heard of, or maybe are totally out of your comfort zone. If your fave is Metallica and I suggest Will Smith, don't freak out. Just give it a try, even if getting a laugh is your main motivator. It works, really.

Oh, you can always click on the album to go hear a sample of it. Ahhhh. Itunes. A never ending source of weight loss motivation. I must be their dream customer, always getting high off their goods, looking for my next fix.

Workout Songs Playlist One - Play that Funky Music by Alvazer


1. Play that Funky Music
Wild Cherry
Workout Songs: Play that Funky Music
Yep. Start I'd start us off with a little funk. 'Course in my head, when I'm singing it, I'm the "white girl." Who cares if the song came out a year before I was born? It works.
Wild Cherry - Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music


2. It Takes Two
Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock
Workout Songs: Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock

Hit it! Tribal-ish. Takes me back to my teazed bangs days.
Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock - Profilin' the Hits - It Takes Two

3. Stronger
Kanye West
Workout Song
That that don't kill me, can only make me stronger. These words fill my mind with the belief that I can push harder. It won't kill me. This is a great muscle failure tune.
Kanye West - Graduation

4. Invaders Must Die
Prodigy
Workout Songs

Electronic tunes on crack. Cardio breezes by with this song.
The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die (Bonus Track Version) - Invaders Must Die


5. What Was I Thinking
Dierks Bentley
Workout Songs

Yeah, he's kind of dorky, but cute. This song just cracks me up. For lighter feeling days.
Dierks Bentley - Live from Bonnaroo 2007: Dierks Bentley - What Was I Thinking

6. So Blessed
Mavado
Workout Songs

Great voice. Inspirational, yet groovy.
Mavado - Mr. Brooks... A Better Tomorrow - So Blessed


7. Shake Your Rump
Beastie Boys
Workout Songs
The Beastie Boys' yelling will almost always get me movin'. I love their anti-genre theology. Cool mix of sounds in this song.
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique - Shake Your Rump

8. Freedom
Akon
Workout Songs

His melodic voice is pretty mesmerizing. Just right to get in a mental trance and totally zone into the moment. Good warm up.
Akon - Freedom - Freedom

9. Of Wolf and Man
Metallica
Workout Songs

Confession: 99 percent of the time, I can't understand a word they're saying. But, the music is good - it's angry and pumping.
Metallica - Metallica - Of Wolf and Man

10. Man in the Box
Alice in Chains
Workout Songs

I was convinced by a friend to try this song on a run. Reluctantly, I did. It really works, though. Weird voice. Keeps my attention.
Alice In Chains - Greatest Hits - Man In the Box


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment